Tech Industry Alliance is delighted to announce TechFest 2023 ‘ Tech – Adapting for the Future’. This event will take place on Thursday, May 25th 2023 in the Clayton Hotel, Cork City and is in association with our Skillnet partner it@cork Skillnet.
This highly engaging technology festival will include keynotes and expert speakers, interactive panel discussions, workshops, one-to-one networking opportunities and an exhibition area. TechFest is our annual flagship tech conference showcasing legends, luminaries and thought leaders on everything tech and future forward.
We are excited to be bringing TechFest 2023 to you as an in-person event again this year where there is a real opportunity to connect with industry peers, subject matter experts and thought leaders. This is building on virtual events during Covid which saw over 900 participants from across the globe and an in-person event in 2022 with over 300 attendees.
The MC for the event is Jonathan McCrea who is a multi-award-winning science and technology broadcaster. Jonathan is an expert in future trends with a background in technology. He is the lead media trainer for Science Foundation Ireland’s 700 researchers and has given numerous tailored keynotes on new developments in science and technology. In 2010, Jonathan created Futureproof, Newstalk’s flagship science and technology programme that has travelled the globe from French Guiana to the Arctic Circle.
Attendees will hear from speakers around transforming and adapting to succeed in the technology sector as the world around us is changing. We have selected themes, topics and speakers that will inform, challenge, and energise attendees. Our Innovate track will focus on future tech around AI and Machine Learning and with the theme Transform, we will explore how we can use tech to design out energy and build a circular and green economy. In our Inspire track we will be looking at inspiring stories around tech infrastructure and talent overcoming societal challenges and making real impactful changes.
Previous TechFest speakers included Mala Kumar from GitHub in New York, Dr. Tara Shine – advisor to Mary Robinson, Marcus Weldon, former President of Bell Labs and former Corporate Chief Technology Officer of Nokia; Caroline Dowling, Non-Executive Director at UNICEF Ireland and former Business Group President at Flex; Liam Casey, Founder of PCH International; Rik Ferguson, VP Security Intelligence and many more.
Prepare to join us for this event which promises to be a leading edge, vibrant, diverse, and inclusive conference. TechFest will unite all business and technology enthusiasts in the South West Region. This event promises to showcase the very best of the technology sector in the region and will continue to lead the way in gathering, informing, and inspiring likeminded people.
- Breda O’ Dwyer, Director of The Cantillon Academy at MTU and Senior Lecturer in Entrepreneurial Learning and Practice
- Una Fitzpatrick, Director of Technology Ireland
- Paidi O’Reilly, Chair of the Digital Transformation Lab, Co-Director of the Innovation through Design Thinking Postgraduate Diploma at UCC
- Diarmuid Cahalane, Data Science Manager at Keelvar
- Raymond Crowley, Director Business Applications & Intelligence at Trend Micro
- Hrvoje Smolic, CEO at Graphite Note
- Áine Keogh, Director and Head of Sustainability at Grant Thornton Ireland
- Matt Watts, Chief Technology Evangelist at NetApp
- Donal Daly, CEO at Future Planet
- Gerard O’Donoghue, Manager – After Sales Ireland at ENERCON
- Vikram Kunnath, Partner at EY
- Donna O’ Shea, Chair of Cybersecurity at Munster Technological University at MTU
- Paul Deane, Research Fellow at MaREI Centre for Marine and Renewable Energy
Plus many more to be announced soon!
Event Registration: Tickets can be booked directly through Eventbrite or contact us directly at: email@example.com