Donor Care and Digital Executive
Type: Full time – 35 hours/week.
Location: Cork (Cork University Hospital)
Salary: DOE (Approx. €35,000)
ABOUT CUH Charity
Established in 2012, CUH (Cork University Hospital) Charity is the nominated charity of Cork University Hospital (CUH) and Cork University Maternity Hospital (CUMH). We work closely with the management team and healthcare experts at CUH and CUMH to identify the hospital’s most pressing needs and provide financial support for all departments.
CUH Charity identifies a selection of focused appeals that require our assistance. We offer a wide range of opportunities for people to donate to these vital causes through organising and supporting fundraising events. Our work is very much a team effort, from the charity representatives to our wonderful volunteers and hospital staff. We encourage community involvement by offering opportunities for workplace and school fundraising, along with a wide range of other ways to give.
CUH Charity is seeking a Donor Care and Digital Executive to join their small but dynamic team.
Reporting to the Development and Marketing Manager, the role will support the fundraising team with the timely management of donor information.
Your responsibilities will be to efficiently manage donor information on our supporter database, Salesforce and ensuring we are engaging with our supporters on various social channels.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• maintaining donor records on Salesforce.
• being the first point of contact for the charity by phone, email or in the office.
• ensuring supporters are appropriately thanked in a timely manner.
• engaging with donors online and creating dynamic content.
This position reports to the Development and Marketing Manager and works closely with other members of the CUH Team to support the overall objectives of the charity.
- End to end management of CUH Charity’s CRM system
- Be the main point of contact for CUH Charity staff when reports, queries or data is required from the CRM System.
- Develop a high-level of knowledge of Salesforce database system
- Ensure GDPR consent details are kept up-to-date
- General office duties including attending to visitors and receiving cash donations etc.
- Guide any potential donors through their fundraising options.
- Some occasional work at evenings or weekend special events may be required to support fundraising events and campaigns.
- Respond to any general queries that come to the Charity.
- Develop a social media content calendar with the Development and Marketing Manager and update accordingly.
- Develop content for social channels.
- Respond to any messages or queries that come through social channels in a timely manner.
- Add and create content for www.cuhcharity.ie website (Wordpress)
- Some office management – ordering stationery and office supplies, sending board information, Liaising with IT company when issues arise, etc.
- Through the engagement of donors, you are expected highlight any additional opportunities that may come to light through your conversations.
- As part of a small team flexibility is required.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS NEEDED
To succeed in this role, the candidate will demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Fluent in English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and a systematic approach to work
- Reliability and adaptability - a ‘can do’ attitude
- Creative thinking and brings ideas
- Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively in a team
- This position involves working as part of a busy development team and staff are required to have a degree of flexibility in their work and attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in the non-profit sector would be an advantage
- Experience in Salesforce Database and/or Wordpress is an advantage, but not essential. Training is available.
- 35 hours per week
- Location: CUH office in Cork University Hospital (this is predominately an office-based role)
- Hours: 9am - 5pm each day with some flexibility required.
- 21 days
- Time off in lieu
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a CV (max 2 pages) and a brief cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by 5pm on Monday 31st January.