Fota House, Arboretum & Gardens
Fota House is one Ireland’s finest example of Regency period architecture with superb neoclassical interiors. The main house dating from 1820, remained in the sole ownership of the Smith-Barry family for 155 years and today it shares the compelling life story of this family and the household staff who supported the lifestyle of this aristocratic family over generations. See our fine reception rooms, the guest bedrooms, nursery and the Victorian kitchen. View the unique plasterwork and other original features as well as our fine collection of Irish and European art. Visit the award winning Arboretum, Formal Gardens & Victorian Working Garden, which at one time supplied the house with fruit and vegetables Fota House & Gardens is also available for hire for corporate events, product launches, meetings, lunches & dinners.
- Life Stories | from the aristocratic Smith-Barry family to the servants who supported their lifestyle
- Artworks | including William Ashford PRHA, Robert Carver, Jonathan Fisher and Thomas Roberts
- Conservation | the programme that has restored the house to its former elegance
- Arboretum | hundreds of early 19th century tree specimens
- Victorian Working Gardens | beautifully restored space with beautiful Victorian glasshouses & bothy buildings